MEGAPROJECT: SIMPLIFYING SUSTAINABLE LIVING
FOCUS AREA: TRANSPORT & MOBILITY
CHALLENGE: SMART PUBLIC CHARGING STATIONS FOR ELECTRIC BUSES (E-BUS)
The transition to e-mobility in the transportation sector is well underway and is set to be its future. It is growing to all transit systems that includes cars, buses, ships, ports etc. Many municipalities worldwide have launched electric buses for public transportation. Within the last year, municipalities in Denmark like Roskilde, Århus, Aalborg etc. have introduced fleets of electric buses (eBus) and it is expected to increase further. To effectively implement it, selection of suitable technology solutions and dimensions, and understanding of system integration and operation are very relevant. This is key to establish maximising the use of renewable energy for green transportation, reliable and economic operation of e-transportation infrastructure and social acceptance of the technology.
PROPOSED PROJECT PROBLEMS:
- Impact assessment of e-bus charging stations on active electric distribution grids
- Estimation of charging flexibility of e-mobility systems through data analytics/data mining.
- Socio-economic analysis of e-mobility. Handling of public/private charging users
- Integration of charging stations in the public space
- Business models for charging stations
René Rydhof Hansen