The three focus areas under the megaproject simplifying sustainable living are compiled in collaboration with the municipality of Aalborg. The focus areas constitutes the background for the challenges under the megaproject.
For this challenge, Aalborg Municipality are especially looking for projects that addresses how residents of Aalborg as well as visitors can produce less waste. Secondly, the challenge seeks to identify and propose solutions that aim at ensuring a larger proportion of waste being systematically sorted and recycled. Finally, the municipality is looking for projects that have a focus on articulating waste management/sorting amongst teenagers and young adults.
- A key challenge is related to sorting waste in apartment buildings (small kitchens, getting it to the municipal waste bins, etc.)
- How do we ensure waste sorting in the public spaces?
For this challenge, projects should ideally focus on providing solutions, which support that consumers can – and will – make green, sustainable choices in an easy and apparent way. The focus of projects can range from day-to-day grocery shopping, over consumer goods, to procurement of utilities such as heating and electricity.
- Where are citizens daily confronted with situations where they could make greener, more sustainable choices and how do we make their choices easy and sustainable. à Focus on changing habits, where choices are actually clear, as well as addressing and clearing dilemmas (f.x. local, non-organic vs non-local, organic food)
- A ‘How to-guide’ to sustainable living in Aalborg.
- Focus also on sharing economy
Transport and mobility
For this challenge, the Municipality is expecting projects to work with how to ensure and enable sustainable mobility. This may include aspects such as individual transportation needs, how and when a choice of transport mode is made and what influences this, and how certain transport modes (such as walking and cycling) will be preferred over others (such as car driving).
- mobility within the city
- mobility to and from the city
- car-sharing, car-pooling, etc.